East Rockingham

The east Rockingham area was the site of the original town of Rockingham from about 1830. The town derived its name from the ship Rockingham which was blown ashore in May 1830 opposite the present day Governor Road. The original settlement was established just over three kilometres inland at what became East Rockingham and today is the border between Rockingham and Kwinana. Peel sent a … Continue reading East Rockingham