Kwinana Public Library opened in July 1956 in the Pace Road shopping centre. Amazingly, it was to remain at the same address for the next forty years (until July 1996) at which time the impossibility of this small Library to provide for a growing community was clear to all! Finally, in December 1996, a move was made to larger premises at the Kwinana Hub shopping centre and at the same time the first Town Librarian was appointed. The doors of the old library closed on Christmas Eve and the building was sold to the Kwinana Social Club. The new library, fitted out with new furniture and shelving was opened on January 13, 1997. Fast forward another thirteen years and the building of the Darius Wells Library & Resource Centre was begun at the end of 2010. Meanwhile the Hub Shopping Centre was demolished to be rebuilt as The Marketplace before the Library’s new home at the Darius Wells building was ready. Temporary accommodation was found in the Margaret Feilman Centre in Darius Drive. The Library finally moved to their modern, spacious and brand new site on 10th June 2013.