RSL established in Kwinana 1955

The Kwinana branch of the RSL held their inaugural meeting at Church House, Medina Avenue, at 8:00pm on the 27th April 1955. Brian Manwaring was asked to take the chair and was duly elected President, D. Allison the Secretary and A.M. James was the Treasurer. A lively discussion took place concerning various committees to be established and some suggested means of raising finance.
The first Anzac march in Kwinana took place on the 25th April 1956, and in 1957 a plaque was unveiled in the Memorial Rose Garden near Medina to coincide with Anzac Day. Dedication of the War Memorial Cross at Medina Centre was held on 9th November 1957.